The regional Aids help centers have various counseling services, which we present here. The offers can be used completely anonymously and free of charge.
Overview of counseling services
- In-person and online counseling: Zentrum für sexuelle Gesundheit in Magdeburg and AIDS-Hilfe Halle/Sachsen-Anhalt Süd e.V. offer free on-site counseling.
- Telephone counseling: Call +49180 33 19411 (9 cents per minute from all German networks) to reach the participating AIDS help centers Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and on Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 2 p.m.
- Email counseling: At aidshilfe-beratung.de, you can get advice on all questions about HIV and other sexually transmitted infections via email and chat.
- Counseling services for people with HIV: The regional Aids help centers also have services specifically for people with HIV. Among them is the Buddy Project, in which people with HIV volunteer to help them take their first steps in life with HIV. In cases of HIV-related discrimination, the colleagues in Halle and Magdeburg will advise you.
- Gay Health Chat: Gay men who know about sex and health work in the Gay Health Chat. Counseling for men who have sex with men (cis and trans), free of charge and anonymous; daily between 17:00 and 20:00.